Thorazine Dosing for Children
The dose of Thorazine for children varies depending on the child's weight and the condition being treated. Often, the dose is 0.25 mg of Thorazine per pound of weight every four to six hours.
Some considerations for people taking Thorazine include:
- Thorazine comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth one to six times daily.
- It does not matter if you take the medication with or without food. If Thorazine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Thorazine should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For Thorazine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medicine will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Thorazine dosing in general, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Thorazine without first discussing it with your healthcare provider (see Thorazine Withdrawal).