Serzone has been studied in many clinical trials for the treatment of depression. In theses studies, people taking the drug had more improvement in their depression symptoms than those not taking it. This was also shown to be true for people who were hospitalized for their depression. Two long-term studies have shown that Serzone can also reduce the chance of depression relapse.
Some general considerations for when and how to take Serzone include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually twice a day.
- You can take Serzone with or without food. If the drug bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Your dosages should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Serzone will not work if you stop taking it.
The dose of Serzone your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Serzone Dosage for more information.)