Drug Interactions With Quetiapine XR
Drug interactions with quetiapine XR can potentially occur when the drug is taken with certain other medications, such as lorazepam, some antibiotic medications, and cimetidine. Some of these interactions can lead to problems such as increased or decreased drug levels in the blood, an increased risk of side effects, or reduced effectiveness of the drugs. Before taking quetiapine XR, be sure to talk with your pharmacist or healthcare provider about any drug interactions that may apply to you.
An Introduction to Drug Interactions With Quetiapine XRQuetiapine XR (Seroquel XR®) can potentially interact with several other medications. Some of these medicines that may lead to quetiapine XR interactions include:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Certain antibiotics or antifungals, including:
- Cimetidine (Tagamet®)
- Divalproex (Depakote®, Depakote ER®)
- Lorazepam (Ativan®)
- Medications that cause a certain change in heart rhythm (see QT-Prolonging Medications for a list)
- Phenytoin (Dilantin®, Phenytek®)
- Thioridazine (Mellaril®).