Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking paroxetine mesylate if you have:
- Been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, or have a family member with this condition
- A history of suicide attempts, or currently have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself
- Ever had a seizure
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- A recent heart attack or unstable heart disease
- Low blood sodium (hyponatremia)
- Any bleeding problems, including recent stomach bleeding
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Pexeva and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see Pexeva and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Paroxetine to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)