Effects of MarplanOne clinical study showed that 86.7 percent of people taking Marplan experienced at least a 50 percent improvement in their depression symptoms, compared to just 35.7 percent of those not taking it. Also, studies have suggested that a Marplan dosage of 50 mg or more per day works better than a lower Marplan dose.
- Marplan comes in the form of a tablet. It is taken by mouth, usually two or four times a day.
- You can take it with or without food. If Marplan upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Marplan should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
Marplan DosingThe dose of Marplan your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Marplan Dosage for more information.)