An Overview of Marplan Dosage
The dose of Marplan®
) your healthcare provider prescribes will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Marplan Dosing for Depression
The recommended starting Marplan dose for depression
is Marplan 10 mg twice daily. Your healthcare provider may increase your dose if necessary, up to a maximum of Marplan 60 mg per day (divided into two to four smaller doses).
General Marplan Dosage Information
Some considerations for people taking Marplan include:
- Marplan should be taken at the same times each day.
- If you do not take your Marplan as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose of Marplan.
- Your Marplan dosage can be taken with or without food. If Marplan upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It may take as long as three to six weeks for Marplan to begin working. Try to give Marplan a chance to work before becoming discouraged.
- For Marplan to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Marplan will not work if you take it in another way than prescribed by your healthcare provider.
- If you are unsure about anything related to Marplan or your Marplan dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Marplan without first discussing it with your healthcare provider. Stopping the medicine abruptly may increase the risk for withdrawal symptoms (see Marplan Withdrawal).