Mental Health Home > Varenicline Dosing
Considerations for people taking varenicline include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth twice a day (although for the first three days, it is usually taken just once a day).
- Varenicline should be taken with a full glass of water after eating.
- The medication should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Varenicline will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to varenicline dosing, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.