Mental Health Home > Perphenazine
When and How to Take PerphenazineThe following are some general considerations for when and how to take perphenazine:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is usually taken by mouth two to four times a day.
- You can take perphenazine with or without food. If the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Perphenazine should be taken at the same times each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Perphenazine will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing InformationThe dose of perphenazine your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- The medical condition being treated
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
Perphenazine Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with perphenazine. However, not everyone who takes the medication will experience problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
- Unusual body movements, shakiness, or twitches
- Dry mouth (see Trilafon and Dry Mouth)
- Blurred vision