Mental Health Home > Side Effects of Orally Disintegrating Alprazolam
Among the possible side effects of orally disintegrating alprazolam are drowsiness, fatigue, and coordination problems. For the most part, side effects are mild and require little to no treatment. However, some people who take this drug may experience more serious problems that require medical attention. Some of these serious reactions include difficulty breathing, suicidal thoughts, and hallucinations.
An Introduction to Side Effects of Orally Disintegrating AlprazolamJust like any medicine, orally disintegrating alprazolam (Niravam®) can cause side effects. However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or are treated easily by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible orally disintegrating alprazolam side effects. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list with you.)
Serious Orally Disintegrating Alprazolam Side EffectsSome side effects of orally disintegrating alprazolam are potentially serious and should be reported immediately to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Suicidal thoughts or behavior, such as thoughts of hurting yourself
- Problems with balance or falling down
- Uncontrollable movements or twisting of body parts
- Yellowing of the whites of the eyes or skin (jaundice)
- Seeing or hearing things that are not there (hallucinations)
- Changes in mood, such as new or worsening depression or worsening anxiety
- Feelings of agitation or irritability, or aggressive, hostile behaviors
- Difficulty sleeping
- Signs of an allergic reaction, such as:
- An unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.