Mental Health Home > Orally Disintegrating Alprazolam
When and How to Take This MedicationSome general considerations to keep in mind during treatment with orally disintegrating alprazolam include the following:
- This medication comes the form of a tablet that is dissolved on the tongue. It is normally taken three times a day.
- Orally disintegrating alprazolam can be taken with or without food. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Use a dry hand to remove orally disintegrating alprazolam tablets from the bottle just prior to taking them. Place the tablet on your tongue, allow it to dissolve, and then swallow it with saliva.
- The tablets may be swallowed with water if preferred, but water is not necessary to take this medication.
- For orally disintegrating alprazolam to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Do not increase your dose or suddenly stop taking this medication without your healthcare provider's approval.
How Should Orally Disintegrating Alprazolam Be Stored?Orally disintegrating alprazolam should be stored at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Keep this and all other medications out of the reach of children.
Is There a Generic Version?This medication is not available in generic form (see Generic Niravam for more information).
Who Makes Orally Disintegrating Alprazolam?Orally disintegrating alprazolam is made by Cima Labs, Inc., for Azur Pharma, Inc.
- Orally disintegrating alprazolam 0.25 mg
- Orally disintegrating alprazolam 0.5 mg
- Orally disintegrating alprazolam 1 mg
- Orally disintegrating alprazolam 2 mg.