Mental Health Home > Precautions and Warnings With the Nicotine Inhaler
If you have high blood pressure, heart problems, or kidney disease, talk to your healthcare provider before using the nicotine inhaler. People who are allergic to any of the medication's ingredients should avoid the nicotine inhaler altogether. Other warnings include not using this drug for longer than six months and taking special precautions if you have diabetes or lung problems.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to using the nicotine inhaler (Nicotrol® Inhaler) if you have:
- Heart problems, including heart disease, chest pain (angina) or an irregular heartbeat (arrhythmia)
- Had a recent heart attack
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- An overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism)
- A tumor of the adrenal gland
- An ulcer in the stomach or upper intestines (peptic ulcer)
- Blood vessel problems, such as Buerger's disease or Raynaud's phenomenon
- Kidney disease, such as kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, such as hepatitis, cirrhosis, or liver failure
- Lung disease, such as asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), or wheezing problems
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant