Mental Health Home > Mellaril Warnings and Precautions
A few of the conditions that you should tell your healthcare provider about before taking Mellaril include glaucoma, seizures or epilepsy, and an enlarged prostate. To reduce the chances of drug interactions, you should also tell your healthcare provider about all other drugs you are taking. Some other Mellaril warnings and precautions include the safety of taking Mellaril while pregnant, an increased risk of seizures in some people who take the drug, and people who shouldn't take it (such as those with a heart arrhythmia).
- An irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia), especially long QT syndrome
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Very high or very low blood pressure
- An enlarged prostate (also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia or BPH)
- Difficulty passing urine
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also let your healthcare provider know if you:
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant
- Are breastfeeding
- Have an upcoming surgery
- Drink alcohol.
You should also be sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.