Mental Health Home > Lorazepam Dosing
The recommended starting lorazepam dosage for anxiety treatment is lorazepam 1 mg two to three times daily. When taking lorazepam for insomnia due to anxiety, the recommended starting dose is lorazepam 2 mg to 4 mg once daily at bedtime. A few of the factors that can affect lorazepam dosing include your age, other medications you may be taking, and other medical conditions you may have.
An Introduction to Lorazepam DosageThe dose of lorazepam (Ativan®) that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As always, do not adjust your lorazepam dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Lorazepam Dosage for AnxietyThe recommended starting lorazepam dose for anxiety treatment is lorazepam 1 mg two to three times daily. For insomnia due to anxiety, the recommended starting dose is lorazepam 2 mg to 4 mg once daily at bedtime.
Elderly people may be more sensitive to the effects of Ativan. For the elderly, the recommended starting dose is lorazepam 0.5 mg to 1 mg twice daily.
- Lorazepam comes in tablet, oral liquid, and injectable forms. When used orally, lorazepam is usually taken two or three times a day (or sometimes just before bedtime).
- Lorazepam can be taken with or without food. If lorazepam bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Lorazepam may cause serious problems if you take it at higher dosages or for a longer period of time than your healthcare provider recommends.