Mental Health Home > Precautions and Warnings With Lisdexamfetamine
Some precautions and warnings with lisdexamfetamine include being aware of potential increases in blood pressure and the danger of becoming addicted to the drug. Lisdexamfetamine is not suitable for everyone. Prior to taking lisdexamfetamine, be sure to tell your healthcare provider about any medical conditions you have, as well as any medications you are taking (including non-prescription medications, vitamins, and herbal supplements).
Lisdexamfetamine: What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (Vyvanse™) if you have:
- Heart problems of any kind, including heart disease, congestive heart failure, an irregular heart rhythm (arrhythmia), or had a recent heart attack
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- Mental illness, including depression, bipolar disorder, or psychotic disorders (such as schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder)
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Tourette syndrome
- Glaucoma (a condition of the eye)
- Liver or kidney problems
- Thyroid problems
- A history of drug or alcohol abuse
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant