Mental Health Home > Lisdexamfetamine Dosing
The lisdexamfetamine dosage your healthcare provider recommends will be based on several factors, such as other ADHD medications you have tried, other medical conditions you have, and other medications you are taking. For people who are using lisdexamfetamine, dosing typically starts at 30 mg once daily in the morning.
An Overview of Lisdexamfetamine DosingThe dose of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate (Vyvanse™) your healthcare provider prescribes will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Other ADHD medications you may have tried
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case, do not adjust your lisdexamfetamine dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
The recommended starting lisdexamfetamine dose for treating ADHD in adults, adolescents, and children age 6 to 12 years old is lisdexamfetamine 30 mg once daily in the morning. Your healthcare provider may increase the dose as necessary to control the ADHD symptoms, up to a maximum of lisdexamfetamine 70 mg once daily in the morning.
Lisdexamfetamine has not been studied in children under the age of six years old or in adolescents.
General Lisdexamfetamine Dosing InformationSome considerations for people taking lisdexamfetamine include:
- Lisdexamfetamine comes in capsule form. It should be taken by mouth once a day in the morning.
- It does not matter if you take lisdexamfetamine with or without food. If lisdexamfetamine bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For children who have difficulty swallowing capsules, the lisdexamfetamine capsule can be opened and the contents dissolved in a glass of water. The child should immediately drink the entire glass of water.
- If you are unsure about anything related to lisdexamfetamine or your lisdexamfetamine dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking lisdexamfetamine without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.