Mental Health Home > Inositol Overdose
At this time, it is not known whether an inositol overdose is possible. It is also not known what symptoms may occur in the event of an overdose, although nausea and vomiting are possible symptoms. If you happen to take too much inositol, overdose treatment may include certain medications, "pumping your stomach," or supportive care.
Inositol is a naturally occurring molecule sometimes used in dietary supplements. It is not known exactly what to expect with an inositol overdose (or if an overdose is even possible), although the effects of an inositol overdose will likely vary, depending on the inositol dosage as well as other factors. For example, whether it was taken along with any other supplements, drugs, or substances can influence the effects of the overdose.
If you happen to overdose on inositol, seek medical attention immediately.
Very little is known about the possible effects of an inositol overdose. At this point, it is not possible to predict the effects of an inositol overdose, whether such effects will be mild or serious, or even if an inositol overdose is possible. It is likely that an overdose would cause nausea and vomiting, because taking a significant quantity of tablets or capsules of any kind is usually irritating to the stomach.
Just as it is not known what to expect from an inositol overdose, it is also not known how to best treat an overdose of inositol. If the overdose was recent, your healthcare provider may give certain medicines or place a tube into the stomach to "pump" the stomach. Treatment (if necessary) will also involve supportive care, which consists of treating the symptoms that occur as a result of the overdose.
It is important that you seek medical attention immediately if you believe that you may have overdosed on inositol.