Mental Health Home > Side Effects of Fluvoxamine CR
Suicidal thoughts or behavior, chest pain, and restlessness or inability to sit still are some of the potentially serious side effects of fluvoxamine CR that require immediate medical attention. However, most side effects are mild and, if they occur, do not require treatment. Some of these more common fluvoxamine CR side effects include dry mouth, nausea, loss of appetite, and drowsiness.
As with any medicine, side effects are possible with fluvoxamine CR (Luvox® CR). However, not everyone who takes the medication will have problems. In fact, most people tolerate it quite well. If side effects of fluvoxamine CR do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with fluvoxamine CR. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of fluvoxamine CR side effects with you.)
Some side effects with fluvoxamine CR, while occurring infrequently, are potentially serious and should be reported to your healthcare provider. These include but are not limited to:
- Suicidal thoughts or behavior
- Anxiety, agitation, or panic attacks
- Hostility or aggressiveness
- Engaging in unusual or dangerous activities
- Restlessness or inability to sit still
- Extreme elation or feeling of happiness that may switch back and forth with a depressed or sad mood
- Other unusual changes in behavior
- Fast heart rate (tachycardia)
- Chest palpitations (heart palpitations) or chest pain
- Signs of an allergic reaction, including:
- Unexplained rash
- Unexplained swelling
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing.