Mental Health Home > Generic Dexmethylphenidate Extended-Release
It is now possible to buy dexmethylphenidate extended-release (Focalin XR) in generic form. The generic versions come in three strengths and are made by various manufacturers. All of these products have been assigned an "AB" rating by the FDA. This means they are considered equivalent to the brand-name version; however, they are allowed to contain different inactive ingredients.
Generic Dexmethylphenidate Extended-Release: An OverviewDexmethylphenidate extended-release (Focalin XR®) is a prescription medication that has been licensed to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Although dexmethylphenidate extended-release is a stimulant, it has effects that are the opposite of what would be expected of a stimulant. While stimulants like caffeine can cause hyperactivity, dexmethylphenidate extended-release has a calming effect.
- Dexmethylphenidate 15 mg extended-release capsules
- Dexmethylphenidate 30 mg extended-release capsules
- Dexmethylphenidate 40 mg extended-release capsules.
- Mylan Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Par Pharmaceutical Companies, Inc.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc.