Mental Health Home > Chasteberry Benefits
There are several potential benefits of chasteberry. For example, some people use chasteberry for the treatment of menstrual disorders, such as painful menstrual periods, PMS, or PMDD. Chasteberry is also claimed to relieve menopause symptoms, prevent miscarriages, increase breast milk supply, and decrease sexual desire in men. However, there is little scientific evidence supporting uses.
Purported Chasteberry BenefitsChasteberry (vitex) is claimed to be helpful for a variety of different purposes. Some of the purported benefits of chasteberry include:
- Treating the following conditions:
- Menstrual disorders, including:
- Painful menstrual periods (dysmenorrhea)
- Absent menstrual periods (amenorrhea)
- Irregular bleeding between periods (metrorrhagia)
- Infrequent menstrual periods (oligomenorrhea)
- Frequent menstrual periods (polymenorrhea)
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD)
- Relieving menopause symptoms
- Preventing miscarriages in women with insufficient progesterone levels
- Increasing breast milk supply
- Decreasing sexual desire in men.