Mental Health Home > Bupropion XL
Important Information for Your Healthcare ProviderYou should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking bupropion XL if you have:
- Seizures or epilepsy
- A brain tumor
- A history of head trauma or brain injury
- An eating disorder, such as bulimia or anorexia
- Bipolar disorder or a family history of the condition (also known as manic depression)
- Heart disease
- A recent history of heart attack
- A history of suicide attempts or suicidal thoughts
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
- Are pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see Wellbutrin XL and Pregnancy)
- Are breastfeeding (see Bupropion and Breastfeeding)
- Drink alcohol regularly.