Mental Health Home > Precautions and Warnings With Bupropion Hydrobromide
You may not be able to use bupropion hydrobromide if you have certain medical conditions, such as heart disease, diabetes, or bipolar disorder. Being aware of the precautions and warnings with bupropion hydrobromide can help ensure a safe treatment process, so make sure your healthcare provider has a list of all medications you are taking and any medical conditions you have.
What Should I Tell My Healthcare Provider?You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking bupropion hydrobromide (Aplenzin™) if you have:
- Seizures or epilepsy
- A brain tumor
- A history of head trauma or brain injury
- An eating disorder, such as bulimia or anorexia
- Bipolar disorder or a family history of bipolar disorder (also known as manic depression)
- Heart disease
- Had a recent heart attack
- A history of suicide attempts or suicidal thoughts
- Liver problems, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Any allergies, including allergies to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant