Mental Health Home > Precautions and Warnings With Bupropion Hydrobromide
Who Should Not Take Bupropion Hydrobromide?You should not take bupropion hydrobromide if you:
- Are allergic to Aplenzin, bupropion, or any of the inactive components used to make the medication. Your healthcare provider or pharmacist has a list of the inactive ingredients.
- Are taking other medications containing bupropion, including Budeprion SR®, Buproban®, Budeprion XL®, Forfivo™ XL, Wellbutrin®, Wellbutrin XL®, and Zyban®.
- Have a seizure disorder.
- Have anorexia or bulimia.
- Abruptly stop using alcohol or sedative medications, such as alprazolam (Xanax®), diazepam (Valium®), clonazepam (Klonopin®), lorazepam (Ativan®), and many other medications.
- Have taken a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) within the past two weeks. MAOIs include: