Mental Health Home > Bupropion Hydrobromide
Effects of Bupropion HydrobromideIn studies, bupropion (the active ingredient in bupropion hydrobromide) was shown to be effective for treating depression in adults. In long-term studies, bupropion was also shown to prevent depression relapse. Although these studies used shorter-acting versions of bupropion (not bupropion hydrobromide), it is assumed that bupropion hydrobromide is equally effective for treating depression and preventing relapse.
- This medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth once daily in the morning.
- It does not matter if you take this medication with food or on an empty stomach.
- Do not cut, crush, chew, or dissolve the extended-release tablets, as this will cause the medication to be released too quickly. You must swallow them whole.
- It is not a good idea to take this medication later in the day (instead of the morning), as this may increase the risk of insomnia.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed.