Mental Health Home > Aripiprazole ER Injection
- This medication comes as a liquid that is given as an injection into a muscle (an intramuscular, or IM, injection) once a month.
- The injection is given by a healthcare provider in an office or clinic.
- The first two aripiprazole ER injections are given in the buttocks (gluteal muscle).
- For this drug to work properly, it must be used as prescribed. Your symptoms may return if you stop using this medication or miss a dose.
- How you respond to the medication
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you are taking.