Mental Health Home > Amoxapine
- The medicine comes in tablet form. It is generally taken by mouth, usually one to three times daily.
- If you take it just once a day, it is usually best to take it at bedtime (to avoid drowsiness).
- It does not matter if you take the medication with or without food. If it upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Amoxapine should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the antidepressant to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.