Drug InteractionsL-methylfolate may react with a few other medications (see L-Methylfolate Drug Interactions).
Is It Safe to Take L-Methylfolate?Reasonable L-methylfolate supplementation at normal dosages is probably safe for most people. However, some people may be more likely to experience problems than others. Therefore, you should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this product if you have:
- Low vitamin B12 blood levels
- A seizure disorder
- Tumors or cancer of the colon
- Any allergies, including to foods, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see L-Methylfolate and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see L-Methylfolate and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medications you are taking, including prescription and nonprescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Is L-Methylfolate Safe? for more information, including any available warnings and precautions.)
What If I Overdose on This Product?An overdose is not likely to be dangerous in most people. However, it is not exactly clear what to expect if too much L-methylfolate is taken (see L-Methylfolate Overdose to learn more).