General Dosing Information for Guanfacine ER
Some considerations to keep in mind with guanfacine ER
include the following:
- Guanfacine ER comes in the form of an extended-release tablet. It is taken by mouth, usually once a day.
- Do not crush, chew, or break the tablets, as this will cause the medication to be released too quickly. The tablets must be swallowed whole.
- Guanfacine ER can be taken with or without food. However, it should not be taken with a high-fat meal, as this increases the absorption of the medication too much, which could lead to overdose symptoms.
- Try to give this medication at the same time each day.
- For guanfacine ER to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. This drug will not work if your child stops taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your child's dosage or guanfacine ER dosing in general, talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist.