General Dexmethylphenidate Dosing InformationSome considerations for people taking dexmethylphenidate include:
- Dexmethylphenidate should be taken at the same times each day. Doses should be taken at least four hours apart.
- If you do not take your dexmethylphenidate as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose at one time.
- Your dexmethylphenidate dosage can be taken with or without food.
- For dexmethylphenidate to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Dexmethylphenidate will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to dexmethylphenidate or your dexmethylphenidate dosage, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking dexmethylphenidate without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.