Dexmethylphenidate Extended-Release Dosing
General Dexmethylphenidate Extended-Release Dosage InformationSome considerations for people taking dexmethylphenidate extended-release include:
- Dexmethylphenidate extended-release comes in capsule form. It should be taken once daily in the morning.
- Dexmethylphenidate extended-release capsules contain tiny beads that release the medication slowly, so it is important to swallow the medication whole (do not chew or crush it).
- For people who have difficultly swallowing, dexmethylphenidate extended-release capsules may be opened and the beads sprinkled on a spoonful of applesauce. The applesauce should be eaten right away and should not be chewed.
- It does not matter if you take dexmethylphenidate extended-release with or without food. If dexmethylphenidate extended-release bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- For dexmethylphenidate extended-release to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Dexmethylphenidate extended-release will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or dexmethylphenidate extended-release dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking dexmethylphenidate extended-release without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.