General considerations for when and how to take the medication include the following:
- Desyrel comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually one to three times a day.
- If the medication makes you drowsy, try taking it before bedtime.
- It is best to take it after a meal or snack. This is because your system absorbs the drug better after you eat.
- The medication should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the drug to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
The dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As is always the case with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Desyrel Dosage for more information.)
Desyrel can potentially interact with a number of medicines (see Desyrel Drug Interactions).