Considerations for people taking desvenlafaxine include the following:
- The medication comes in the form of an extended-release tablet and is taken by mouth once a day.
- You can take desvenlafaxine with or without food.
- Be sure to swallow the tablets whole. Do not crush, break, or chew them.
- Desvenlafaxine should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For desvenlafaxine to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. The medication will not work if you stop taking it.
- If you are unsure about anything related to desvenlafaxine or your desvenlafaxine dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking the drug without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.