Clozapine Oral Suspension Dosage
Some considerations to keep in mind during treatment with clozapine oral suspension include the following:
- This medicine comes in the form of a suspension (a liquid). It is usually taken by mouth once or twice a day.
- You can take your doses with or without food. Take clozapine oral suspension with food if it seems to bother your stomach.
- Try to take your doses at the same time each day to keep an even level of the drug in your blood.
- You will need to shake the bottle for 10 seconds before measuring out your dose to ensure the medication is evenly mixed.
- Clozapine oral suspension comes with a special syringe that you must use to measure your dose. Do not use household measuring spoons, teaspoons, or other measuring devices, as they may not be accurate.
- Your medication comes with specific instructions describing how to measure and take your doses. Make sure you read these instructions and understand them thoroughly before using this product.
- You will need blood tests before you start taking this medication, and periodically during treatment, to make sure it is safe for you to take.
- For this drug to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Your symptoms may return if you stop using clozapine oral suspension or miss a dose. If you stop taking this medication for two or more days, you will need to be restarted on a lower dose and slowly increased to your previous amount.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage of clozapine oral suspension, please talk with your healthcare provider, nurse, or pharmacist.