Chlordiazepoxide and Amitriptyline
General considerations for when and how to take chlordiazepoxide and amitriptyline include the following:
- The medication comes in tablet form. It is taken by mouth, usually one to four times daily.
- Chlordiazepoxide and amitriptyline can be taken with or without food. It the medication bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Chlordiazepoxide and amitriptyline should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level in your blood.
- For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Chlordiazepoxide and amitriptyline may cause serious problems if you take it at higher dosages or for a longer period of time than your healthcare provider recommends (see Limbitrol Addiction).
The dose of chlordiazepoxide and amitriptyline that your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medications you may be taking
- Other medical conditions you may have.
As is always the case, do not adjust your chlordiazepoxide and amitriptyline dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Chlordiazepoxide and Amitriptyline Dosing for more information.)