Buspirone can potentially interact with several other medicines (see Drug Interactions With Buspirone).
You should talk with your healthcare provider prior to taking this medication if you have:
- Kidney disease, including kidney failure (renal failure)
- Liver disease, including liver failure or cirrhosis
- Any allergies, including allergies to food, dyes, or preservatives.
Also, let your healthcare provider know if you are:
- Pregnant or thinking of becoming pregnant (see BuSpar and Pregnancy)
- Breastfeeding (see BuSpar and Breastfeeding).
Make sure to tell your healthcare provider about all other medicines you are taking, including prescription and non-prescription medicines, vitamins, and herbal supplements.
(Click Precautions and Warnings With Buspirone to learn more, including information on who should not take the drug.)
People who take too much buspirone may have overdose symptoms that could include:
If you happen to overdose, seek immediate medical attention.
(Click BuSpar Overdose for more information.)