General Bupropion Dosing InformationSome considerations for people taking bupropion include:
- It usually takes four weeks (or longer) to feel the full, beneficial effects of bupropion. Try not to be discouraged if bupropion does not work right away for you.
- It does not matter if you take bupropion with or without food. If bupropion bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Taking the last dose of the day at bedtime may increase your chance of insomnia. If you are having trouble sleeping, ask your healthcare provider about taking your last bupropion dose earlier in the evening.
- Bupropion should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For bupropion to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Bupropion will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or bupropion dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking bupropion without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.