Dosing InformationThe dose of bupropion SR your healthcare provider recommends will vary, depending on a number of factors, including:
- Whether you are using the drug for depression or smoking cessation
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Bupropion SR Dosing for more information.)
Bupropion SR Side EffectsAs with any medicine, side effects are possible with bupropion SR. However, not everyone who takes the drug will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate it well. If side effects do occur, in most cases, they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider. Serious side effects are less common.
When used for depression, the most common side effects of bupropion SR can include:
- Dry mouth (see Wellbutrin SR and Dry Mouth)
- Weight loss (see Wellbutrin SR and Weight Loss)
- Insomnia (see Wellbutrin SR and Insomnia)
- Sore throat
- Abdominal pain (stomach pain)
When used for smoking cessation, the most common side effects can include:
- Insomnia (see Zyban and Insomnia)
- An irritated or runny nose
- Dry mouth (see Zyban and Dry Mouth)
- Concentration problems
(Click Side Effects of Bupropion SR to learn more, including potentially serious side effects you should report to your healthcare provider.)
You can also read about specific side effects in the following eMedTV articles:
- Wellbutrin SR and Libido or Zyban Sexual Side Effects
- Wellbutrin SR and Suicide or Zyban and Suicide.