Bupropion SR Dosing
General Bupropion SR Dosing InformationSome considerations for people taking bupropion SR include:
- It usually takes four weeks (or longer) to feel the full beneficial effects of bupropion SR for depression. Try not to be discouraged if bupropion SR does not work right away for you.
- When taking bupropion SR twice daily, you should make sure that there is at least eight hours in between doses.
- It does not matter if you take bupropion SR with or without food. If bupropion SR bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Be sure to swallow bupropion SR tablets whole. The tablets should not be cut, broken, chewed, or crushed.
- Bupropion SR should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- Make sure to talk with your healthcare provider if you have liver or kidney problems, as you may need a lower your bupropion SR dose.
- For bupropion SR to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Bupropion SR will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or bupropion SR dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking bupropion SR without first talking with your healthcare provider.