Side Effects of Budeprion SR
Headaches, weight loss, and insomnia are a few common side effects of Budeprion SR. Some rare side effects of the drug (occurring in less than 1 percent of people who take it) include anemia, leg cramps, and impotence. Most people tolerate Budeprion SR well -- and when side effects occur, they are often minor. Among the more serious Budeprion SR side effects that you should report to your healthcare provider are suicidal thoughts or behavior, seizures, and any signs of an allergic reaction.
Side Effects of Budeprion SR: An IntroductionAs with any medicine, there are possible side effects with Budeprion SR (Wellbutrin SR®). However, not everyone who takes Budeprion SR will experience side effects. In fact, most people tolerate the medication well. When Budeprion SR side effects do occur, in most cases they are minor and either require no treatment or can easily be treated by you or your healthcare provider.
(This article covers many, but not all, of the possible side effects with Budeprion SR. Your healthcare provider can discuss a more complete list of Budeprion SR side effects with you.)
Common Side Effects of Budeprion SRBudeprion SR has been studied thoroughly in clinical trials. In these studies, the side effects that occur in a group of people taking the drug are documented and are then compared to side effects that occur in another group of people not taking the medicine. As a result, it is possible to see what side effects occur, how often they appear, and how they compare to the group not taking the medicine.
In these studies, the most common side effects of Budeprion SR include:
- Headaches -- up to 26 percent of people
- Dry mouth -- up to 24 percent of people (see Wellbutrin SR and Dry Mouth)
- Weight loss -- up to 19 percent of people (see Wellbutrin SR and Weight Loss)
- Nausea -- up to 18 percent of people
- Insomnia -- up to 16 percent of people (see Wellbutrin SR and Insomnia)
- Dizziness -- up to 11 percent of people
- Sore throat -- up to 11 percent of people
- Constipation -- up to 10 percent of people
- Infections -- up to 9 percent of people
- Abdominal pain (or stomach pain) -- up to 9 percent of people
- Agitation -- up to 9 percent of people
- Diarrhea -- up to 7 percent of people
- Feelings of a rapidly or forcefully beating heart (palpitations) -- up to 6 percent of people
- Muscle pain -- up to 6 percent of people
- Anxiety -- up to 6 percent of people
- Shakiness (tremors) -- up to 6 percent of people
- Increased sweating -- up to 6 percent of people
- Ringing in the ears (tinnitus) -- up to 6 percent of people.
Some other common side effects of Budeprion SR (occurring in 1 percent to 5 percent of people) include:
- A loss of appetite
- Frequent urination, bladder infections, or other urinary problems
- Flushing (redness of the skin, especially the face)
- Migraine headaches
- Joint pain or arthritis
- Taste changes
- Hot flashes
- Memory loss
- Sinus infections
- A fever
- Trouble swallowing
- Muscle twitching
- Unpleasant sensations, such as burning or tingling (paresthesias)
- Vaginal bleeding.