Budeprion SR EffectsStudies of Wellbutrin (the short-acting version of Budeprion SR) have shown that Wellbutrin is effective for depression treatment. While it is assumed that Budeprion SR is equally effective, these same studies have not been performed for Budeprion SR.
When and How to Take Budeprion SRSome general considerations for when and how to take Budeprion SR include:
- Budeprion SR comes in tablet form. The medicine is taken by mouth, usually twice a day.
- Be sure to swallow Budeprion SR tablets whole. The tablets should not be cut, crushed, broken, or chewed.
- It does not matter if you take Budeprion SR with or without food. If Budeprion SR bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Budeprion SR should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For Budeprion SR to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. Budeprion SR will not work if you stop taking it.
Dosing With Budeprion SRThe dose of Budeprion SR your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your Budeprion SR dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Budeprion SR Dosing for more information about dosing for Budeprion SR.)