Budeprion SR Dosing
For the treatment of depression, Budeprion SR dosing starts at 150 mg once daily in the morning. Your healthcare provider may increase your Budeprion SR dosage after the third day to 150 mg twice daily. For most people, the maximum daily dosage of Budeprion SR is 400 mg. The maximum Budeprion SR dose for people who have liver problems (such as liver failure or cirrhosis) is 100 mg once daily or 150 mg every other day.
Budeprion SR Dosing: An IntroductionThe dose of Budeprion SR (Wellbutrin SR®) your healthcare provider prescribes will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may be currently taking.
As always, do not adjust your Budeprion SR dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
Budeprion SR Dosing for DepressionThe recommended starting Budeprion SR dose for treating depression is Budeprion SR 150 mg once daily in the morning. As soon as the fourth day, your healthcare provider may increase your dose to Budeprion SR 150 mg twice daily. To help reduce the risk of seizures, each individual dose should not exceed 200 mg, and you should not take more than 400 mg total per day. Also, your healthcare provider should increase your dose slowly.
For people who have liver problems (such as liver failure or cirrhosis), the maximum Budeprion SR dose is Budeprion SR 100 mg once daily or 150 mg every other day.
- It usually takes four weeks (or longer) to feel the full beneficial effects of Budeprion SR. Therefore, try not to be discouraged if Budeprion SR does not work right away for you.
- When taking Budeprion SR twice daily, you should make sure that there is at least eight hours in between doses.
- It does not matter if you take Budeprion SR with or without food. If Budeprion SR bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Be sure to swallow Budeprion SR tablets whole. The tablets should not be cut, broken, chewed, or crushed.
- Budeprion SR should be taken at the same times each day to maintain even levels of the drug in your blood.
- For Budeprion SR to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. Budeprion SR will not work if you take it in a way other than how your healthcare provider has prescribed.
- If you are unsure about anything related to your dosage or Budeprion SR dosing in general, please talk with your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking Budeprion SR without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.