Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine Extended Release Dosage
General Amphetamine-Dextroamphetamine Extended Release Dosing InformationPatients taking this drug should keep the following considerations in mind:
- Amphetamine-dextroamphetamine extended release should be taken at the same time every morning, first thing after waking up.
- If you do not take your amphetamine-dextroamphetamine extended release as scheduled, take your next dose as soon as you remember in the morning. If you remember in the afternoon or later, skip the dose for that day. The medication is designed to be taken in the morning and may cause problems sleeping if taken later in the day. Do not take a double dose of the drug.
- Your amphetamine-dextroamphetamine extended release dosage can be taken with or without food.
- Because amphetamine-dextroamphetamine extended release capsules contain tiny beads that release the medication slowly, it is important to swallow the capsule whole (do not chew or crush it).
- For people who have difficultly swallowing, amphetamine-dextroamphetamine extended release capsules may be opened and the beads sprinkled on applesauce. The applesauce should be eaten right away and should not be chewed.
- For amphetamine-dextroamphetamine extended release to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The medication will not work if you take it in a way other than the one your healthcare provider prescribes.
- If you are unsure about anything related to amphetamine-dextroamphetamine extended release or your dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking this medication without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.