Some considerations for when and how to take amoxapine include:
- The medicine comes in tablet form. It is generally taken by mouth, usually one to three times daily.
- If you take it just once a day, it is usually best to take it at bedtime (to avoid drowsiness).
- It does not matter if you take the medication with or without food. If it upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- Amoxapine should be taken at the same time(s) each day to maintain an even level of the medication in your blood.
- For the antidepressant to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.
The dosage that your healthcare provider recommends will vary depending on a number of factors, including:
- Your age
- Other medical conditions you may have
- Other medications you may currently be taking.
As with any medication, do not adjust your dose unless your healthcare provider specifically instructs you to do so.
(Click Amoxapine Dosing for more information.)
This product can potentially interact with a number of medications.
(Click Drug Interactions With Amoxapine for more information.)