Some considerations for people taking amoxapine include:
- Amoxapine should be taken at the same time(s) each day.
- If you do not take your amoxapine as scheduled, take your missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if you usually take your dose at night, you may not want to make up the missed dose, due to the risk of drowsiness if amoxapine is taken during the day. Also, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose of amoxapine.
- Your amoxapine dosage can be taken with or without food. If it upsets your stomach, try taking it with food.
- It may take as long as two to three weeks for amoxapine to start working. Try to give the medication a chance to work before becoming discouraged.
- For amoxapine to work properly, you have to take it as prescribed. The antidepressant will not work if you take it differently than your healthcare provider prescribes.
- If you are unsure about anything related to amoxapine or your amoxapine dosage, please talk to your doctor, nurse, or pharmacist. Do not stop taking amoxapine without first discussing it with your healthcare provider.